GENERIC ENTERPRISE (GNC)
Does your enterprise have an annual turnover over R50 million?
Any business that turns over more than R50 million per annum is measured against a Generic BEE Scorecard.
(Large) Entities are required to be measured against all 5 of the BEE Scorecard
elements from October 2014. Generic Entities must qualify as Empowering
Suppliers in order to secure a BEE Certificate. They are required to qualify
under 3 of the following criteria;
- At least 25% of costs of sales excluding labour costs and depreciation must be procured from local producers or local supplier in SA (for service industry labour cost are included but capped to 15%)
- 50% of jobs created are for Black people provided that the number of Black employees since the immediate prior verified B-BBEE Measurement is maintained.
- At least 25% transformation of raw material/beneficiation which include local manufacturing, production and/or assembly, and/or packaging.
- At least spend 12 days per annum of productivity deployed in assisting Black EMEs and QSEs beneficiaries to increase their operation or financial capacity.
- At least 85% of payroll to be paid to South Africans. (Black or white)
If a Generic Entity does not qualify under 3 of these criteria then they cannot secure a BEE Certificate.
Generic Enterprises (Scorecard)